Reasons for failure:
- It breaks down when the performance decreases, to lift the car, a pressure of at least 10 atmospheres is required, but over time, the piston group wears out and the compressor cannot build up the necessary pressure during operation
- Severe damage to the piston group. The most common reason is the ingress of large solid particles into the compressor due to depressurization of the air intake system, on an Audi allroad car this happens mainly due to rotten rivets from the compressor, one of the supports breaks off, which leads to depressurization air intake systems
- Overheating of the compressor motor – this is due to the “sticking” of the electric relay for turning on the compressor. In this case, the compressor runs non-stop, even after turning off the ignition of the car, which leads to its overheating and failure. In most of these cases, the chances of a successful self-repair are quite small
First you need to determine what type of breakdown has occurred, these malfunctions have completely different symptoms:
- When the piston group wears out, the compressor turns on more and more often and the operating time is constantly increasing. The car may stop rising, and the compressor starts to make more and more noise. Air suspension control is intermittently disabled due to compressor overheating
- When the compressor motor overheats, the compressor stops turning on. This is determined as follows: the car does not keep the set level of air suspension, and the compressor does not make any sounds.
If you notice that the car began to rise more slowly, heard extraneous sounds from the compressor, you should immediately contact the specialists so as not to aggravate the situation, with an instant appeal you will have time to save the compressor electric motor and you will not have to change the compressor assembly