10 driving Tips that will save you gas money

861

10 Tips that will help you to cut not only fuel but also maintenance costs

first of all let’s do some brainstorming why is gas so expensive because oil is that’s right crude oil to be precise it makes up 72% of gasoline price we pay the remaining 28% for distribution refining and taxes the reasons for gas prices to rise are the weakening dollar natural disasters and Simple Rules of supply and demand prices rise when demand is bigger than supply prices usually drop down in the winter when fewer people are traveling across the country we can hardly affect any of the things we just mentioned but we can affect our choice when buying a car some cars are less fuel efficient than others but we still love them and want to have them they are ultra high-end luxury cars and large fans and suvs sports cars are already very expensive themselves and also require you to defeat their turbocharged engines which create more horsepower if you don’t have a sports car but paying for gases still a nightmare then you probably own one of the best-selling cars in America Toyota Camry Corolla Prius and Honda Civic Accord and CRV

Well we hate to tell you this our car is a gas guzzler does it mean you have to replace it maybe in the future when the time is right but for now we are going to offer you a solution here is a list of 10 driving Tips that will save you gas money

Number 10 don’t put the pedal to the metal we can see a lot of drivers on the roads who just loved a slam on the acceleration but in driving school we were told that acceleration and breaking should be done smoothly it was not just because the driving instructor hated your on and off abrupt driving style or is afraid you would damage their car it was actually a valuable fuel saving lesson it is a good idea to travel at a constant speed around 50 miles per hour and in the highest peer the next time you want to get in front of that annoying car and a traffic jam remember it will probably not take you any further than the traffic lights anyway and your gas bill will not please you later when you Accelerate sharply it makes your car consume more energy so fuel consumption also increases if your car has an automatic gearbox it will do all the hard work for you because it knows best

Number 9 use cruise control on the highway your vehicle will consume much less fuel if you follow speed limits and use cruise control rather than accelerating on each Open Road section in case you are very new to the driving world cruise control is a smart system which automatically controls the speed of your vehicle most cars use about 20% less fuel if you drive at 55 miles per hour compared to 70 miles per hour to cope with wind drag your car has to increase engine speed increasing fuel consumption think of it a speeding ever really helped you it might save you a few minutes but it will also cost you an increase your chances of getting an accident be smart about it

Number 8 undergo servicing on time careful driving won’t help you save much money if your car Burns oil has imbalanced tires and loose belts have you ever read your owner’s manual most definitely not because who likes owners manuals well it is a good idea to consult it before something terrible happens not after it will tell you how often you should tune up your car change belts and oil in fact the oil filter and oil should be changed every 4,500 miles choose the correct oil by the way it is also written in your manual don’t forget to replace the plugs in air filter to avoid additional expenses do this on time otherwise it can lead to engine failure and that kind of repair is expansive don’t put it off till tomorrow and create a maintenance schedule your car will say thank you for that

Number 7 turn off the air conditioning using the AC in your car or not is really a matter of choice some people are so used to air cooling systems on they are afraid of overheating even in cool weather for some it’s just a natural Instinct to turn it on while inside the vehicle everyone must decide for themselves which is more important Comfort or fuel economy with the air conditioner turned on fuel consumption increases by 15% on average the other electrical appliances are not so fuel hungry so if you turn off the air-con you will save approximately one hand of gas per 100 miles try some natural tricks to keep your car cool simply try to park it in the shade and roll the windows down for a bit for the air to go in and out

Number 6 make your route logistically efficient you plan your route efficiently it will help you save on gas expenses especially during the winter months a cold engine will consume more fuel for the first five miles or so try to combine all your daily errands into one big trip not to warm up the engine a few times a day we all mention we are great at multitasking in our CVs so this is a good time to show off you can actually do it drop your mail off at the post office get your coat from the dry cleaners and drive yourself to the gym all in one trip we believe you can do it we are halfway through the list do you want to know why carrying a tent in your car may turn it into a gas guzzler and that case give likes and keep Reading

Number 5 don’t drive when it rains rain might seem romantic as you are listening to it from the comfort of your home or even your car rain drops keep falling on my head tune plays in your head you are inspired and ready to hit the roads however it is a good idea not to drive on the right first of all there is a high-risk of an accident apart from that fuel consumption also gets higher on dry days the vehicle consumes a lot of energy when accelerating the cope with the Wind drag on rainy days the water resistance on the road is even higher while you’re tired is normally just move the car well whether makes them do an extra job they must also carry on through the precipitation on the road water makes the tires transmission oil and axle oils cool down and become less efficient

 Number 4 monitor your tire pressure properly inflated tires provide an optimal breaking path it might sound strange but it’s true to get the best out of your car get the highest possible pressure in your tires it will make your rolling resistance and gas mileage better if the tires are under inflated by at least 0.1 ATM it can cause fuel consumption to increase by two to three percent that’s why it’s not enough to pump up your tires just once you should monitor the level of pressure in the tires and keep it in accordance with the recommended level especially cold weather

Number 3 remove unnecessary weight some drivers prefer to carry everything in their car regardless of whether they needed or not are you one of them it’s okay to admit it hit like if you have your entire life in your trunk however it is better to unload it and keep only necessary things such as the spare wheel a tire Jack and car keys the more weight your vehicle carries the more fuel it consumes

Number 2 Monitor gas prices even I on gas prices today the internet offers us a solution to almost any problem it is logical and easy to save gas money look for affordable gas websites like gasbuddy and gas price watch will help you keep an eye out for the best gas prices around you gasbuddy is also available as an app for your phone plus there are more mobile apps you can try so that you don’t have to drive 12 miles from your home to save a penny a gallon

Number one always stay alert on the road this life hack sounds like common Sense and you cannot possibly overrate common sense if you stay alert on the road you won’t have to hit the brakes of roughly because you will see obstacles and danger coming your way if you pay attention to the traffic lights and road signs along the route you take daily you will also spare some time and annoying stops you might even be able to guess when the traffic lights turn green or red and adjust your speed to fit in watching fellow drivers actions can also help when they’re brake lights turn on you can get ready to hit the brakes useful let us know by liking our page

1 Comment
  1. […] 10 Tips that will help you to cut not only fuel but also maintenance costsfirst of all let's do some brainstorming why is gas so expensive because oil is that's right crude oil to be precise it makes up 72% of gasoline price we pay the remaining 28%  […]

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More